Sunday, January 31, 2010

Computer Lab

It's interesting when I walk into a computer lab on campus. I always feel I have two choices when I walk in. Do I optimize my computer decision based on having an easy escape route from the room? Or would it be better to make the decision based on no one being able to see my screen?

Should I compromise a little on both?

If I compromise, how do I know which people to give the lowest threat ratings towards?

It's never as simple as just walking in and taking the closest computer, because you never know just how dangerous the computer lab can be. You never know just what the person next to you might catch on your screen, what they might be able to use as material for blackmail.

Maybe they catch your password and log in to your sites, wreaking havoc on your online identity. Or maybe they find out all about you, tracing all the sites you went to, finding your profiles and building a dossier on you to add to their collection.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid when I use public computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment