Monday, August 9, 2010

Aquarium Update

For the past month or so I've been having a small problem in my aquarium.  All my plants have been dying.  I had about 12 small plants in the aquarium, not I'm down to one healthy plant and one that is on it's way out.

I have clay mixed in with the rocks to provide essential minerals to the plants, and I've even bought some liquid plant fertilizer for use in aquariums, nothing seems to be helping.  The only thing I can think of is that the water is colder than what the temperature should be for these plants.

If that is the case, the only choice I have to save the plants would be to add a heater to the tank.  I do have a heater, but with goldfish being cold water fish, this is not ideal.  Right now I just plan on buying new plants when I have the time and money to do so, as they weren't completely necessary for my water quality anyways.  My aquarium just looks a little bare now without them.


In other aquarium related news, the fishcam has been down for quite a while now.  The reason for this is that I've been using the laptop that normally just hosts the feed for some other work, requiring it to be away from the aquarium.  I should have the camera back up and operational very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment