Sunday, March 7, 2010

Some Random Updates

I don't know if you've looked at my goldfish lately, but they've gotten much bigger in the past few weeks.  They've grown at a rate that surprised me, to tell the truth.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I knew they'd grow, that's what living things tend to do, I just wasn't expecting it to be quite this fast.  Luckily I was planning to move them to a larger tank soon.  "Soon" just happened to be another thing that snuck up on me faster than expected. All is going according to plan though, so by the end of this week they should be in a shiny new home that is much, much bigger than their current one.  This gives me more freedom in caring for them (since water changes won't be required quite as often), and it also allows me the possibility of a couple more fish.  What fish I'm planning on trying to get is a secret, and it is a little ways off before I make the final decision, but I'm excited nonetheless.


I have a couple new projects I'm hoping to get started on in the next few weeks, but, like the new goldfish, these projects will remain a secret for the most part.  Also, money is an issue for getting a lot of projects off the ground that I would like to work on, so hopefully I can get something figured out in that department.  For now though, let's just call these projects TS and LT.  If you really want to know what they're about, contact me, and I'll probably tell you something basic, but I don't want to give away too much until I'm able to actually start work on them.



I'll be at Outerz0ne in Atlanta, GA from March 19-20th.  If anyone is planning on making it out that way, give me a shout.  This will be my second infosec con, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.  This past October I made it out to Phreaknic in Nashville, TN and had a lot of fun and got to meet a lot of great people.  If you've never been to a hacker con before, this could be your chance, and you should really give it a try sometime.



I've become really interested lately in internet/computer history.  It's always been something I've enjoyed, but I've recently begun to stumble upon just massive amounts of information that I didn't know existed before.  Textfiles.com is a great place to get started for anyone else interested in learning a bit more about this topic.  Jason Scott works hard and it really shows, so check out that site and let him know you appreciate what he does (if you do, but really, why wouldn't you?).  I have a few research projects and posts planned on this topic in the near future, so keep checking back for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment